karljay.com Forum
karljay.com Welcome to the karljay.com forum, also known as KJ forum, part of karljay.com. This threaded style forum has been around since 2000, well before Reddit.

No registration necessary to post! Join the discussions and share your thoughts on almost any topic from computers, StarCraft, sports, art, dating, to religion.

This is an AJAX-driven forum, and soon will be integrated into a Drupal system, and available soon as Facebook and iPhone apps.

follow us on Twitter facebook app replays|ranks|players list play chess bugs/enhancements

Category: Uncategorized

fan service (spoilers, just finish the game first)
Gergall

03/21/2013 00:16:52

I'm not going through the trouble Iadder man went through to hide spoilers.  Stop reading and go finish the game.

What "fan service" have you noticed in HOTS?  I noticed 3 things but I can only remember two off the top of my head right now:

1.  By far the biggest is Stukov.  Fans have been asking what the deal is with this guy for years.  To be honest I'm not sure Blizzard would have even thought to include this guy if not for all the complaints from fans that Brood War was effectively ignored/discarded when WOL came out.  Fans wanted vindication and they got it.

2.  Similar to the above, another reason fans complained that Brood War had been ignored in WOL was because there was never any mention of Fenix.  HOTS manages to work in a quick line about Fenix in the cutscene where you rescue Jim.

3.  I swear there was another good one but I can't remember it at the moment.

On an unrelated note, is Dehaka the most unexciting character of any work, fiction or nonfiction, of all time?  I'm pretty sure he is in the running.  I did every conversation with him.  Every single one sounded exactly the same.  Kerrigan asks or says something, then Dehaka replies "Must collect essence.  Essence is good."

His special ability when you finally need him is that you finally need him.

REPLIES TO THIS POST - click on Reply next to each to write a response

Copyright 2009 www.karljay.com All Rights Reserved